jeudi 13 mars 2008

Shepard Fairey : I wanted to make an art piece of Barack Obama…


“I wanted to make an art piece of Barack Obama because I thought an iconic portrait of him could symbolize and amplify the importance of his mission. I believe Obama will guide this country to a future where everyone can thrive and I should support him vigorously for the sake of my two young daughters. I have made art opposing the Iraq war for several years, and making art of Obama, who opposed the war from the start, is like making art for peace. I know I have an audience of young art fans and I’m delighted if I can encourage them to see the merits of Barack Obama.”

L'affiche est en vente au prix de 70 $ pour soutenir la campagne du sénateur. Business is business… Je vous livre les infos brutes :"We are launching the Artists for Obama gallery with limited editions of "CHANGE" created by contemporary artist Shepard Fairey. Look for additional limited addition prints in this section in the days ahead. This print is 24 X 36, edition of 5000. All purchases made on the Artist for Obama Gallery are 100% contributions to the campaign and count toward your overall contribution limit of $2300. Contributions are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes."


1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

"Quand on réfléchit bien sur l'impact de la publicité et notamment de son omniprésence à la télévision, sur les affiches ou dans la rue, on est toujours étonné de ce spectacle de la consommation massive. Si la réclame est le jeu inégal d'une obsession pour stimuler et renouveler le désir, la propagande est une arme bien plus puissante encore. Depuis 1996, elle prend vie dans les mains de Shepard Fairey sous forme d'affiches de catcheur "hypotiques" qui interpellent le chaland d'un slogan unique : "OBEY". Pour déjouer les codes de la mercatique et la suprématie des marques, il a créé sur le site obeygiant.com une étonnante collection de visuels très élaborés sous forme de stickers et autres pochoirs. Un manifeste puissant sur l'absurdité des images !"

Encore merci pour votre blog.
Cordialement
Stéphane Constant